Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.
Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker
-

- User
Paul Winalski
- Rank
Wok Wielder
- Posts
9798
- Joined
Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm
- Location
Merrimack, New Hampshire
by Paul Winalski » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:16 pm
The British radio comedy show "Radio Active" had a sketch based on these sorts of jokes. For example:
Last night I went to an East German take-away. The only problem was, they took me away.
Last night I went to a Norwegian take-away. The only problem was, I couldn't a-fjord it.
-Paul W.
-

- User
Bill Spohn
- Rank
He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'
- Posts
11803
- Joined
Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm
- Location
Vancouver BC
by Bill Spohn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:23 pm
Are we going to do takeaway jokes now?
Here;'s a Covid version:
Just ordered a Chinese takeaway
It was delivered by this Chinese guy,
I opened the door before he got there and he started yelling "ISOLATE! ISOLATE!"
I said "don't worry about it, i only ordered it 20 minutes ago"
-

- User
Larry Greenly
- Rank
Resident Chile Head
- Posts
8051
- Joined
Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am
- Location
Albuquerque, NM
by Larry Greenly » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:26 pm
I'd always laugh while watching South Park and the Chinese owner of City Chinese Food would answer the phone with his pronunciation of his restaurant name.

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Amazon, APNIC Bot, ClaudeBot, DuckDuckBot, LACNIC160 and 8 guests