The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.
Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker
-

- User
David M. Bueker
- Rank
Childless Cat Dad
- Posts
37053
- Joined
Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am
- Location
Connecticut
by David M. Bueker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:52 pm
2018 DuPuis Pinot Noir Le Benedict - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (11/20/2020)So soon after arrival, probably too soon, but I really wanted to try one of these wines. Le Benedict is the “village” level wine from Wells Guthrie’s new venture. At this early date it shows a raspberry/strawberry fruit base, with an interesting herbal/pine/floral overtone. Texturally it’s quite smooth, with structure mostly from solid acids, and just a bit of back end tannin. In the end it’s a very enjoyable drink that hews more towards the lighter/delineated end of the scale, which is what I expected from Wells. I will wait a little while before broaching a single vineyard Pinot or the Syrah, but I certainly want to follow this new project as it moves forward.
Decisions are made by those who show up
-

- User
Jenise
- Rank
FLDG Dishwasher
- Posts
46551
- Joined
Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm
- Location
The Pacific Northest Westest
by Jenise » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:36 pm
Nice!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
-

- User
David M. Bueker
- Rank
Childless Cat Dad
- Posts
37053
- Joined
Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am
- Location
Connecticut
by David M. Bueker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:36 pm
Yes. I was quite impressed.
Decisions are made by those who show up
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Amazon, APNIC Bot, Apple Bot, Baidu [Spider], ByteSpider, Crawler[var.], DotBot, LACNIC Exp, Patrick Martin, Rahsaan, Ripe Bot, SemrushBot and 17 guests