Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Man crush on Ming

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

Man crush on Ming

by John F » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:19 pm

Jenise.... I’m watching a Ming episode where he is in Hawaii and he is cooking with his former sous chef from Blue Ginger.... he just seems like the coolest guy and must be a blast to hang out with the.....and the food is always compelling
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Man crush on Ming

by Jenise » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:07 pm

He's good thru and thru, isn't he? There just isn't a bad bone in that man's body, he's so enormously appealing. How's his wife Polly doing? He's mentioned her cancer in several episodes; hope she's allright now.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

Re: Man crush on Ming

by Jeff Grossman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:06 pm

According to this article from February, she is in remission and doing well: https://hollywoodmask.com/popular/ming-tsai-wife-battles-cancer.html

The article links to an article in the Boston Globe that names her treatment, Tagrisso. This is a relatively new treatment focused on a very specific form of lung cancer. It had been declared a 'breakthrough treatment' in 2014 and it appears that Polly is a beneficiary.