Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

OMG: an all-in-one kitchen appliance

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

OMG: an all-in-one kitchen appliance

by Jenise » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:55 pm

My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jo Ann Henderson

Rank

Mealtime Maven

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:34 am

Seattle, WA USA

Re: OMG: an all-in-one kitchen appliance

by Jo Ann Henderson » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:59 pm

I did a signing a couple years ago where the couple had a total retro circa 1955 home that had one of thee appliances. Except, the two upper cabinets were their refrigerator/freezer. The lower cabinet that appears as the refrigerator in the link was a warming/proofing oven that had two chambers. One for keeping plates warm for food service and the other for proofing breads. The home was decorated with pink flamingos, sherbet green walls and flowered wallpaper, a fully equipped rolling bar with high ball, martini and shot glasses and the most beautiful bar memorabilia I've ever seen. The breakfast nook was artfully upholstered with tufted plastic and a sputnik looking hanging light, and of course they had shag carpet! It sounds cheap, but it was fascinating and I imagined Frank Sinatra or Vaughn Monroe would have lived in a place that looked just like it.
"...To undersalt deliberately in the name of dietary chic is to omit from the music of cookery the indispensable bass line over which all tastes and smells form their harmonies." -- Robert Farrar Capon
no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:37 pm

Re: OMG: an all-in-one kitchen appliance

by Christina Georgina » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Made my first trip to IKEA on Monday and their smallest kitchen unit was not as well designed! What fun to think about a design for efficiency in a very small space. I suspect that campers and boats have this down pat. There's something very satisfying about working in an efficiently designed space no matter how small.
Mamma Mia !