Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Taking one for the team (Hexclad skillet)!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Christina Georgina

Rank

Wisconsin Wondercook

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:37 pm

Re: Taking one for the team (Hexclad skillet)!

by Christina Georgina » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 pm

Let's just say that if bacon is not like shoe leather in 3 minutes heat is cranked up two notches! Hexclad sends cautionary instructions and a pre arrival video by email emphasizing that because heat distribution is so excellent lower temps achieve what higher temps do in other pans. Overheating, not metal utensils is something that will damage the non stickiness.
Mamma Mia !
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:02 pm

Those of us with extra BTU's will have to be careful about the heat. Aren't the pans beautiful though? Kinda took my breath away when I pulled mine out of the box.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:22 pm

Christina Georgina wrote:Let's just say that if bacon is not like shoe leather in 3 minutes heat is cranked up two notches! Hexclad sends cautionary instructions and a pre arrival video by email emphasizing that because heat distribution is so excellent lower temps achieve what higher temps do in other pans. Overheating, not metal utensils is something that will damage the non stickiness.

Sigh. Bacon is something that cooks very nicely on medium-low heat.
Previous