Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Should kitchen sink and kitchen bar sink faucets match?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

natosha.jacobs

Rank

Just got here

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:09 am

New York, NY

Should kitchen sink and kitchen bar sink faucets match?

by natosha.jacobs » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:48 pm

I have chosen this kitchen sink faucet, and after the thousands we have spent on appliances with less drama, you’d think this wouldn’t be so hard! I like the clean look of this faucet, because it is not too angular. It seems to go with our cabinet/drawer pulls, which are a little curvy (see photo). There is not a matching bar sink faucet. It is on the other side of the kitchen. The bar sink one is more modern-looking and angular. Does this matter? (We are doing black and cream shaker cabinets.). Thank you for any input!

IMG_20210206_12446148.jpg

IMG_20210206_12346148.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Natosha Jacobs
no avatar
User

Larry Greenly

Rank

Resident Chile Head

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:37 am

Albuquerque, NM

Re: Should kitchen sink and kitchen bar sink faucets match?

by Larry Greenly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:43 am

I've adhered to the philosophy that if two things must be different (particularly in this case because of the distance apart), make them really different. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Should kitchen sink and kitchen bar sink faucets match?

by Jenise » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:53 pm

I was exactly in your shoes. I have a big regular sink and a small bar sink next to my prep station. My original purchases were not from the same line, just 'kinda close' for the same reason you're facing. Recently when the bar sink faucet required replacement, I couldn't find anything very similar so threw caution to the wind and purchased the ultra modern look I wished I'd gone with originally.
No match at all, not even close, and couldn't be happier. Each sink just has its own personality. Btw, I bought the new faucet from Overstock--great selection, very low prices.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov