Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

The Blender - Why?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: The Blender - Why?

by Jenise » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:56 pm

Bill Spohn wrote:Maybe the later Cuisinart had better sealing blades, but it is still necessary to ensure that the fluid level isn't higher than the central stack before pulling the blade out. If in doubt I leave the blade in place and remove the bowl with blade to empty it.

Ironically, given this discussion, I just had to make a small amount (c. 1/2 cup) of red pepper mayo to do some paninis and a smaller bowl would have been better - but I don't think I have yet hauled out the smaller bowl for this model, I just stubbornly do it in the large bowl and wield the spatula to clean it out.

I always leave the blade in when emptying. But like I said, "big batch" wouldn't even be possible. Or at least, too big a risk for me. And the Processor will never blend as finely as the Vitamix. I have a tiny Cuisinart too, which I call the Baby Queeze. Very inefficient, has never lived up to expectations. Best it can do is 'coarse'. And anything thick splatters to the walls and doesn't slide down, so you undo the lid, get in there with a spatula, and then whiz again--where it goes straight back to the walls after one revolution. If anyone makes a tiny food processor that's actually effective, I'm unaware!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Paul Winalski

Rank

Wok Wielder

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Merrimack, New Hampshire

Re: The Blender - Why?

by Paul Winalski » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:08 pm

I have a Baby Queeze. I mainly use it for grating Parmesan cheese and chopping dried chiles into flakes. It's also useful for grinding Thai aromatic spice mixtures when I'm too lazy to use the mortar and pestle. I have noticed the spatter problem.

-Paul W.
Previous