Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

The Hexpan: I'm interested

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

The Hexpan: I'm interested

by Jenise » Sun May 17, 2020 11:27 am

My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: The Hexpan: I'm interested

by Robin Garr » Sun May 17, 2020 12:58 pm

Looks impressive. I let the Interwebz talk me into getting a Misen nonstick on sale a while back, and I've been impressed. I only use it for egg dishes, though, and treat it like My Precious, so I can't really testify to its durability. It has some similarity to the Hexpan in construction, multilayer and heavy, but without the steel hexagons, of course.
no avatar
User

Jeff Grossman

Rank

That 'pumpkin' guy

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

NYC

by Jeff Grossman » Sun May 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Nope. Peaks and valleys? Sounds wrong but what do I know.
no avatar
User

kasey.dubler

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Salt Lake City, UT

by kasey.dubler » Tue May 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Looks like you can order s few sets for a decent price through Costco online. I'm curious about them too... Let me know if you try them!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Tue May 26, 2020 6:44 pm

I just have so many pans. Many redundant to others that I've come to favor and good quality, like All Clad. I'm not a hoarder, quite the opposite in fact--but I get attached to my pans in a way I do nothing else. They're like third in line behind my husband and my cats in terms of what I spend the most time with, how can I not love them? :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Sat May 30, 2020 6:10 pm

So yesterday morning I was making potato patties (latke style) for breakfast which meant that I made three weird shapes in one 12" pan, and it dawned on me that if I had another small 8" pan like, just for instance, the Hex pan, I could make two perfectly round and far more telegenic patties at the same time.

I'm on the slippery slope....
no avatar
User

Barb Downunder

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 am

by Barb Downunder » Sun May 31, 2020 2:35 am

So slippery, I rather think if you saw one in the shop it might slip,into your shopping basket,!