The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Kosta Doing Business

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Kosta Doing Business

by David M. Bueker » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:51 pm

• 2014 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Pisoni Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (3/24/2024)
    From my late father’s cellar, this was a “find” that was not in the (incomplete) printed copy of the inventory, and was in fact never taken out of the shipping box it came in years prior. The original packing tape was still in place. Well stored all that time, the wine is in a good spot right now, though it needs a little time to shake off the rust. When it does the California roots are evident, with bright, ripe red fruit. There’s also a notable but not out of balance oak spice note. Medium bodied, and carrying fruit sweetness through the palate, this is definitely the KB/modern California (as opposed to “new California”) style without going over the top. I certainly enjoy it enough to drink it, though I would not seek it out. Problem is about 50 bottles of KB sought me out.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Kosta Doing Business

by Jenise » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:32 am

Will you be sending them off to auction?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Kosta Doing Business

by David M. Bueker » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:02 am

Probably not. More likely to sell some to guys in my tasting group.
Decisions are made by those who show up