The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: A few notes from a wine tasting last month

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: A few notes from a wine tasting last month

by Jenise » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:22 pm

I'll bet 20 or 25 bottles were opened, but I only managed to write down notes on a few and they weren't necessarily my favorites. No idea what happened.

2011 Gotsa Saperavi Kartli
My bottle. Guesses went straight to Bordeaux as expected. More developed than I thought it would be based on the last bottle. Ready to drink now but no hurry.

2020 Furioso Pinot Noir Pietro Trovato Vineyard Yamhill-Carlton
Smoke-tainted and a tad green. No bueno.

2011 Massaya Gold Reserve Bekaa Valley Red Blend
Nicely evolved from the last bottle of this we had in Mar 2020, though where that showed more Mourvedre this one was all about the cabernet (50% of the blend) with additional notes of spice and white pepper. Pretty, elegant--a Bekaa Valley gem.

1991 Chateau Ste. Michelle Merlot Indian Wells Columbia Valley
Very very old and it shows it's age. A relic, but an interesting wine from it's bringer's birth year. Nice touch.

2021 Pasqua Passimento Bianco Veneto IGT Garganega
A really nice garganega, a grape I love and don't drink often enough. Goes on my shopping list for summer whites.

2016 Brick House Chardonnay Ribbon Ridge
"It's French" "Yeah no question" "definitely White Burgundy"

2018 Maison Ventenac Les Dissidents 'Candide' Vin de France Chenin Blanc
Daniel's bottle. Big wine, powerful like an Alsatian. Bitter grapefruit and green apple, develops pineapple and beeswax notes. We're lovin' on it big time but it takes quite awhile to deduce that we're drinking a chenin blanc. Per Daniel, it's super low intervention and made by the only serious wine producer in it's wider area of the Languedoc. A fascinator.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov