The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: National Parks

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: National Parks

by Jenise » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:53 pm

Went to a birthday party on Monday night. Tasted a few of the wines brought by guests, and these were my two favorites:

2019 Yellowstone Cellars & Winery Cabernet Franc Columbia Valley
One might have a tendency to think that a Montana winery called Yellowstone produces tourist plonk, but in this case you'd be wrong. Winemaker-owner Clint Peck is serious about wine and makes an excellent line-up of affordable red wines from Eastern Washington fruit. This cab franc is, for my tastes, one of his best. Black currant fruit with warm and ruddy sandalwood notes and spot-on varietal spice and herbs, drinking perfectly at present.

2011 Force Majeure Cabernet Sauvignon Collaboration Series V Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Red Mountain
PnP. Deep, dark fruits, long finish. Some leathery nuances are sneaking it but it's not yet fully mature. Excellent!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: National Parks

by David M. Bueker » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:05 pm

Huh. Never would have thought…
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: National Parks

by Jenise » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:40 pm

I know. I'd have avoided it had I not been introduced to the wines by Clint's brother, who is a good friend (also a winemaker) and lives in my neighborhood. Clint has a tasting room in Billings and brought quite an array with him last weekend to celebrate his brother's birthday, and the cab franc was far and away my favorite.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov