The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Alexis

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Alexis

by David M. Bueker » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:04 pm

• 2002 Château Prieuré-Lichine - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux (4/18/2021)
    I drink Bordeaux with meals. I don’t drink it as an aperitif, or a cocktail, so vintages such as 2002 suit my taste. This bottle was in the exact mold I was looking for - a dinner companion, not a performer. Classic pencil shavings, currant, nut skin and tobacco leaf aromas led to a medium-bodied, slightly astringent mouthfeel that cozied up to the grilled chops, making both the food and the wine better for the pairing.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Richard L

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:46 pm

Re: WTN: Alexis

by Richard L » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:24 pm

To David M. Bueker: I do not think I ever had the 2002 Prieure Lichine and i think we only have some 2012 now, but in 1976 my wife and i were having dinner at the Hotel de la Reserve (?) in Bordeaux when Alexis Lichine came and sat at the next table with some American friends.. I had recently read a book by him so our first wine was a Prieure Lichine. For the second wine we had a Gazin and they had a Nenin (or the other way round. At the time i slightly preferred one over the other. i do not recall the year for any of the wines). All the best, Richard L
Last edited by Richard L on Sun May 02, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Alexis

by David M. Bueker » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:02 pm

Cheers Richard!
Decisions are made by those who show up