The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: RuthLewandowski Feints FoxHillVnyd '20...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: RuthLewandowski Feints FoxHillVnyd '20...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Tried this new wine the other night:
1. RuthLewandowski Feints FoxHillVnyd/Mendo (12.3%; 30% Arneis/33% Dolcetto/15% Barbera/14% Nebbiolo/8% Montepulciano; www.RuthLewandowskiWines.com; U/U) Geyserville 2020: Med.dark color; fairly aromatic Arneis/floral/gardeniassome grapey/juicy/Dolcetto rather earthy/MendoCnty tomatoe/dusty almost Freisa-like quite interesting perfumed nose; fairly tart/tangy/bit metallic bit brisk/tannic some floral/grapey some earthy/MendoCnty tomatoeyunusual/interesting light-bodied flavor w/ light tangy tannins; long rather tart/tangy/metallic light grapey/Dolcetto some earthy/rustic/Mendo tomatoey finish w/ light brisk tannins; a very interesting nose but doesn't deliver as Arneis on the palate; shows lots of earthy/rustic MendoCnty character; a rather wirey/bratty interesting wine. $25.00 (AV)
Tom
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: RuthLewandowski Feints FoxHillVnyd '20...(short/bor

by Jenise » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:48 am

Very interesting blend. What does 'Feints' refer to?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Feints..

by TomHill » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:24 am

Jenise wrote:Very interesting blend. What does 'Feints' refer to?

Feints is a fencing term for a fake attack designed to draw a response from your opponent.
Not sure of its relevance here, though.
Tom
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: RuthLewandowski Feints FoxHillVnyd '20...(short/bor

by Jenise » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:09 pm

I know the word in that context and am aware of your expertise in that sport. When I saw it in your title I figured it was you editorializing, then I saw it was in the name of the wine. Curious.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov