The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Odds n' Ends

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Odds n' Ends

by Jenise » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:28 pm

2002 Taltarni Cephas Pyrenees Cabernet-Shiraz Blend, Red Blend
Fans and ex-fans of Aussie wine should recognize the Taltarni name. Showed great at first. Mature and tertiary, but the fruit fell out quickly. It's done, drink up.

2016 Amavi Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Walla Walla Valley
Previous bottles out of the same case were good but this one was ridiculously vinegary. Did not improve with time.

2019 C.V.N.E. (Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España) Verdejo Rueda Vendimia Seleccionada
A very pleasing Verdejo with above average weight and elegance just as you'd expect from this producer. Fantastic QPR at $9.71/bottle.

2018 Tandem Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
Stronger green tomato leaf herbaciousness than many would care for, but the sweet dark fruit is here too. It's a balanced with an attitude, but it works for me, especially paired with a cheese course featuring a French herb-and-garlic soft rind cheese.

2018 Domaine du Prieuré Bourgogne-Aligoté
Fourth of six bottles and the wines have been all over the place, but this bottle was an exception, whether that be from time or amore nefarious bottle variation, and finally the wine I'd hoped for all along. Supple apple fruit well supported by acidity, good finish. I am finding that I really like aligote.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: WTN: Odds n' Ends

by Dale Williams » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:00 pm

I'm a CVNE fan, but don't think I've seen the Rueda. I don't think I realized they made anything outside Rioja. Cool.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Odds n' Ends

by Jenise » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:56 pm

I hadn't seen it before either. Delightful wine, though. Excellent QPR.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov