The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Lamm-ination

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Lamm-ination

by David M. Bueker » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:51 pm

• 2004 Schloss Gobelsburg Grüner Veltliner Reserve Lamm - Austria, Niederösterreich, Kamptal (4/7/2021)
    Last bottle. If I still had ten more it would not be enough, as this is youthful, graceful, refreshing, and invigorating. It’s full of the classic Grüner watercress, aligned to white peach, and a splash from an icy cold alpine stream. Maybe it’s my “glacial cellar”, but if you said this was three years old, not seventeen, I would believe it. Wonderful swan song, and a strong reminder that I do not drink (or buy) enough Grüner Veltliner.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

John S

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:12 am

British Columbia

Re: WTN: Lamm-ination

by John S » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:00 pm

Or, 'the lamm lies down on broadway'?

I love the Gobelsburg Lamm wines, as they tend to out perform their price levels (or at least they used to). Great vineyard and producer.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Lamm-ination

by David M. Bueker » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:34 pm

John S wrote:Or, 'the lamm lies down on broadway'?

I love the Gobelsburg Lamm wines, as they tend to out perform their price levels (or at least they used to). Great vineyard and producer.

I have used the Genesis line in the past.

I am more. Gobelsburg Renner buyer these days due to price, but will drink Lamm if someone else is paying.
Decisions are made by those who show up