The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

OOTN: TablasCreek Olive Oil Estate '20...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

OOTN: TablasCreek Olive Oil Estate '20...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:03 pm

Tried this last night:
1. TablasCreekVnyds OliveOil Estate/AdelaidaHills (Manzanilla + Mission olives) Pressed @ 43 Ranch/SanArdo NV (2020): Light gold color; very fragrant olivey perfumed nose; soft full-bodied/oily intense olivey very spicy very peppery fresh/clean lovely flavor; very long/lingering very peppery very olivey finish; a beautiful youthful very peppery olives oil.
$nc (JH)/$19.50/$15.60 (VIN)/375 ml
1. This is the small Italian btl of Estate Olive Oil that Jason sent out as Christmas gifts to the VINSider club members. This is, presumably from the 2020 harvest this last Nov. It is a classic new crop olive oil w/ a very prominent peppery sting on the palate that almost hurts. One of the best new crop olive oils that I can recall, as good as the Ardonios I get from DarrellCorti...my gold standard. They have it on the TCV WebSite:
TCVOliveOil

I consumed almost 1/4'th of this tiny gift btl...just straight into the little jigger glass...not on anything. I'm going back for more.
Not only are their wines top notch, their olive oil is up to that same high standard. I can hardly wait to try my first TCV lamb chop!!
Tom