The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Good Evening

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: Good Evening

by Jenise » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:33 pm

2011 Evening Land Vineyards Clos Vougeot Clos Vougeot Grand Cru Pinot Noir
In a better place than six months ago (or it was a better bottle). Tannins weren't a problem this time, at any rate. Still tart, however, okay with but almost too much so for the traditional coq au vin I made for dinner. So after dinner, wondering aloud what I would do with my remaining bottles, we tested it with cherry tomatoes and bits of pickled carrot, to see if pairing it against acidity cancelled out the wine's own acidity and popped more fruit--bingo!!! Remaining bottles will be paired accordingly--choucroute garni for the sauerkraut, sauerbraten, Spanish chicken with vinegar, that kind of thing.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: Good Evening

by David M. Bueker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:01 pm

High acid vintage.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: Good Evening

by Jenise » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:00 am

Of course. These are the only burgs I bought in that vintage, obviously swayed by GC and the $35 price tag.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov