The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: DeKalb Cnty Baco Noir Alabama Rouge...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: DeKalb Cnty Baco Noir Alabama Rouge...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:42 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/21/us/illegal-winery-waste-treatment-plant.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage
Had this last night for DinDin with my tripe course:
1. Allen Stiefel BacoNoir DeKalbCnty Alabama (Hoot-Smalley Vnyd/NapaCnty; 17.9%; www.SewerPlantWines.com) Allen Stiefel/Rainsville/AL 2020:
Med.dark browning color w/ lots of entrained brown flocculent lumps; very intense aromas of merde/brettanomyces/Kansas outhouse (how they were able to
achieve this in Alabama is beyond me) with hints of muscadine (the favored grape in Alabama) and a PhillipeCambie Chateauneuf du Pape nose; very strong connerie/
merde/brett/Kansas OutHouse/foutaise somewhat Italianate quite complex flavor that resembles most natural wines; very long/lingering merde/Kansas OutHouse classic
Chateauneuf du Pape/Red Burgundy/natural wine finish w/ ample tannins; one of the best natural wines I can recall having. $69.00/10 gal carboy (K&L)
out back of SutterHomeWnry in the NapaVlly (http://grape-nutz.com/tomhill/99_July7.html). The grapes were pressed at SutterHome and trucked down to
the DeKalbSewagePlant in a spare tank trunk from Beto'sSepticService (https://betos-septic-tanks.business.site/) in Espanola by Beto himself. This choice of
BacoNoir by Allen is quite fortunate because real afficianados of BacoNoir value the wine for its strong fecal character.
I was, of course, one of the first to make Allen's mailing list. The waiting list now takes almost 10 yrs afore your first allocation. It's is one of the most highly
desirable mailing list in the USA, not to mention DeKalbCnty, AL. His $20,000 bail bond was easily covered by the sale of one carboy of the wine down on the
streets of Birmingham.
This is a wine sure to receive a 99 from JamesSuckling. Alas, impossibly difficult to obtain unless you can find a $12 Chateauneuf.
Tom
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: DeKalb Cnty Baco Noir Alabama Rouge...(short/boring

by Jenise » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:34 pm

"with my tripe course".

LOL'd over and over; what a fun 'review'!!!!
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Sorry...

by TomHill » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Jenise wrote:"with my tripe course".
LOL'd over and over; what a fun 'review'!!!!

Sorry, Jenise.....couldn't restrain myself. Me bad.
Tom
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: DeKalb Cnty Baco Noir Alabama Rouge...(short/boring

by Jenise » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Glad you didn't; very clever. You actually had me checking the date to make sure it wasn't April 1st.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov