The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: PierreBoniface Apremont Savoie '18...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: PierreBoniface Apremont Savoie '18...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Tried this last Fri w/ a ButternutSquash Risotto:
1. PierreBoniface LesRocailles Ad'OP: Apremont VieillesVignes (Jacquere grape; 11.5%; HandPickedSlctns/Warrenton/VA) St.Andre/Savoie 2018: Med.gold color w/ lots of bubbles that dissapate rapidly; very fragrant floral/alpine white flower/rather scented/peach blossom strong mineral/stony/perfumed talc lovely aromatic nose; quite tart/tangy bit rich/lush very perfumed alpine white flowers/edelweiss/peach blossom fairly stony/mineral/steely/perfumed talc flavor; very long strong floral/alpine flowers/peach blossom strong mineral/perfumed talc slight herbal slightly rich lovely perfumed finish; a quite steely/mineral backbone but not at all lean/eviscerated with lovely scented alpine flowers character; one of the best Jacqueres I can recall. $29.00 (KK)
When you put your ear down to the glass of this wine, you can hear, off in the distance, faintly, JulieAndrews lilting out "The Hills Are Alive". A unique experience w/ a wine.
I'd love to see Jacquere in the hands of Morgan Twain-Peterson. Not in the hands of Nathan & Duncan, though.
Tom