The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Cedarville/Susan

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Cedarville/Susan

by TomHill » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:02 pm

Just had Bill & Jane Easton over for apps. There was wine involved. Good wine.
Bill shared with me the devastating news that Susan Marks had died a few weeks ago from pancreatic cancer. Totally devastating news.
I first met Susan & Jonathan shortly after they opened Cedarville in FairPlay. They both had personality galore and I took an instant liking to them. I've ordered their wines every release since them. Did several visits with them at Cedarville. At the bottom of every order, Susan would write a thank you to us for our support.
Last saw them several yrs ago a Taste restaurant in Pokerville when she saw me on the other side of the room eating/drinking with friends.
Susan was a very special lady who could connect easily with people. I'm going to miss her greatly. I am sad beyond words.
Tom
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Cedarville/Susan

by Jenise » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:09 am

I remember meeting them and being very impressed; I'm sorry to hear of her passing.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

SteveEdmunds

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:05 am

Berkeley, CA

Re: Cedarville/Susan

by SteveEdmunds » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:44 am

Oh, Tom; that is truly so sad... I'm stunned, and don't even know what to say.
I don't know just how I'm supposed to play this scene, but I ain't afraid to learn...
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Yup...

by TomHill » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:39 pm

SteveEdmunds wrote:Oh, Tom; that is truly so sad... I'm stunned, and don't even know what to say.

Yup, Steve... it pretty much took the wind out of my sails ystrday as we were winding down. Wrote a note to Jonathan today.
Tom