The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

2003 White Bordeaux

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Tom V

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:33 pm

nyc

2003 White Bordeaux

by Tom V » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:15 am

Curious if anyone has tasted any of these wines. I read an ominus King Parker statement somewhere on the web that he would be wary of keeping these wines too long because of low acidity.
I purchased a case of '03 Carbonnieux Blanc and was just wondering if anyone has experienced any of these wines yet. I haven't tasted mine yet, but I have to pull some out of storage soon and do so. Tom V
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: 2003 White Bordeaux

by Jenise » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:04 pm

Tom, I can't name producers at this point, but friends who always bring a white wine (which about half the time is a white Bdx) to a monthly blind tasting lunch have brought several of 03 whites and one can pick them out easily for their especially low acid or yellow-ripeness almost like chardonnay. It's definitely time to pull one of those Carbonneiuxs.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Jenise, lets do an Open Mike!!
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:28 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Jenise, lets do an Open Mike!!

Didn't we say we were going to do this when Paulo was tempting us with that Ch. Bonnet? I think that this might be a good focus in the spring.

Getting back to the original question, I wouldn't think these were candidates for long keepers.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Bob, I think it's a good/better Focus subject like James said, and later in spring because the weather will be warmer most places and because that will give us all more time to get our hands on both 04's and the 05's, a vintage that if the Chateau Magneau I had two weeks ago is any indication of is going to have some sensationally fruited yet structured wines. I don't live in an area where I don't see many, and I couldn't even guarantee that if I went shopping for a white bordeaux tomorrow I'd find anything, even a lagging 03.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Michael Malinoski

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:11 pm

Sudbury, MA

by Michael Malinoski » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:05 pm

Although I really enjoy it, the 2003 Prieure-Lichine certainly fits the description of being more rounded and lower acid than other vintages of the same wine. I kind of like the change-up, but I wouldn't look for typicity in this vintage.

Michael
no avatar
User

Tom V

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:33 pm

nyc

by Tom V » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:29 pm

Thanks Jenise, that's exactly the kind of hands on info I was looking for, time to start pop'n 'em! Tom V