The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: St. Urbans-Hof Riesling 2005

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bruce Hayes

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:20 am

Prescott, Ontario, Canada

WTN: St. Urbans-Hof Riesling 2005

by Bruce Hayes » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:36 pm

MSR.

Honey and spicy nose.

Rich and full, sweet, juicy peach, peppery, some honey, with lime and green apple crispness-tartness toward the finish.

A long, mouthwatering, green apple tartness and dryness on the finish.

An impressive young wine, well balanced between sweet and forward fruit, and peppery tartness and good acidity.

Quite impressive.
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: St. Urbans-Hof Riesling 2005

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:48 pm

Good notes there Bruce. Tasted this at an instore tasting but came away with more Gunderloch Riesling Kabs. Will pick one up this week for sure, thanks for the reminder.Is Vintages carrying a whole bunch of German `05s yet Bruce??

edit...Gunderloch Jean Baptiste.
Last edited by Bob Parsons Alberta on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Tom N.

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Soo, Ont.

Re: WTN: St. Urbans-Hof Riesling 2005

by Tom N. » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi Bruce,

I bought my 2005 St Urbans Hof riesling a few months ago from LCBO. I bought 3 bottles and I only have one left in my cellar. Nice wine and I was impressed too, especially since it was less than $15! That riesling, plus the 2004 Dr. L, and the 2003 Gunderloch Jean Baptiste are my favorites right now. The one I choose is just based on preference/mood of the day because they all 3 are very good.
Tom Noland
Good sense is not common.