The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Does anyone upload cameraphone photos?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Does anyone upload cameraphone photos?

by Bob Ross » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:54 am

I've been playing with a cameraphone recently, and realized I could upload photos of wine labels from tastings, etc.

Here's a description of one way to do it.

Does anyone have any real life experience with the technique.

Thanks, Bob
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Does anyone upload cameraphone photos?

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Bob Ross wrote:I've been playing with a cameraphone recently, and realized I could upload photos of wine labels from tastings, etc.

Here's a description of one way to do it.

Does anyone have any real life experience with the technique.

Thanks, Bob

Bob, images are always welcome in forum posts, but it's not really necessary to go through a third-party system to get them here. Why not simply transfer your photo from your phone to your computer, then use the handy-dandy "Upload picture" button on your forum post to put it in your message with no muss, no fuss?
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:26 pm

Robin, I wasn't thinking of posting them here, really, just as a memory device for myself -- say when I go to the retail wine tastings that are now legal in New Jersey.

But I'd love to share images in my posts. I've tried in the past, but failed, to upload pictures from my computer to the WLDG. My understanding has been that the images have to be stored online somewhere before I can post them here.

Is there a how to do it post somewhere in WLDG? Now that I've upgraded MIE I may be able to upload pictures -- videos certainly now play better than on the older MIE.

Thanks for any help. Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:37 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Is there a how to do it post somewhere in WLDG? Now that I've upgraded MIE I may be able to upload pictures -- videos certainly now play better than on the older MIE.

Bob, I'm not sure how much of a tutorial is needed, but try this: Next time you want to put a picture in a post, just click the UPLOAD PICTURE button while you're working on the message.

A popup window will appear. (If you have a popup blocker, you may have to tell it that it's okay to accept this one.) Use the Browse button to locate the desired image on your computer, then click SEND. A new window will pop up showing your image. Click the STANDARD link, and the necessary code will be inserted into your post.

You'll see some technical looking options in the popups. You may simply ignore them. Feel free to post a few test replies - in this thread would be a splendid place to do it - and ask questions if you've got them. And remember that the preview button is your friend when doing tests. :)

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Thanks Robin. The Upload Picture button wasn't working a few days ago under the old MIE; nothing happened.

I was reluctant to upgrade MIE, but did so yesterday and so far so good. And the Upload Picture button works now!

Thanks so much. Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Franklin Lakes, NJ

by Bob Ross » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:04 pm

Thanks, Randy. Appreciate the tip. Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:08 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Thanks Robin. The Upload Picture button wasn't working a few days ago under the old MIE; nothing happened.

You probably had a popup blocker set, Bob, and it may have signaled you so discreetly that you didn't notice. ;)

Glad it's back in business now!