The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 95 Foreau and 02 Heresztyn

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

WTN: 95 Foreau and 02 Heresztyn

by Rahsaan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:18 am

1995 Foreau Vouvray Moelleux
If it were an ideal world I might not have opened this until many years into the future. But, I’m always moving around and have severe storage limitations, so, pop went the cork and I was quickly nose-deep into a mouthful of burnished sugary golden liquid. Not much definition and the slushy black dirty minerals were a bit un-noble. On the second and third days it gains some shimmering precision and the fruit shows more citrus clarity, but it never becomes convincing. So, not too much to be gained from drinking now, let them continue to evolve if you have them.

2002 Domaine Heresztyn Clos Saint Denis
I don’t drink much Grand Cru Burgundy, so it is hard for me to put this into context except to say that it was Tons of Fun. The floral elements reverberate all night in my mouth, so light so fragrant, yet bolted so deep. This might have been a touch stern for people who like rollicking rippling pinot noir, but it was not too shut down or too austere for me to get plenty of elegant ethereal pleasure from the bottle. Oh yes. I want more.