The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Contado and Cream

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

WTN: Contado and Cream

by Bill Spohn » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:24 am

She-who-must-be-obeyed was up doing computer stuff and I was heading downstairs to watch the second disc of The Two Towers. I figured that after a couple of weeks of self-enforced temperance, I deserved a bottle to sip on while watching, and I pulled out:

2000 Di Maio Norante 'Contado' Aglianaco del Molise.

Black fruit and smoke nose, nice fruit in mid-palate and smooth feel with pleasant medium length finish. Drinks well now and will continue to do so for 2 - 3years.

The second part of the title on this note comes from the fact that after finishing the movie (I have a big screen home theatre), I still had some wine left. I put on the second DVD of the Cream reunion at Albert Hall, and cranked her up to 11 (Spinal Tap reference), figuring that if anything would wunkle the old trout out of her study it would be one of her very favourite bands at full concert level.

Indeed, the stair light came on and down she came to finish the bottle with me while listening to the DVD. Those old farts sure can rock - I think that Eric did some of his best guitar work I've seen in years, no doubt challenged by his formewr band members.

I recommend both wine and DVD!