The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Ken Forrester 2004 Stellenbosch Petit Chenin

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dan Smothergill

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:24 pm

Syracuse, NY

Re: WTN: Ken Forrester 2004 Stellenbosch Petit Chenin

by Dan Smothergill » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Bob,
Try the dates test if you have any left.
A few minutes later Nancy appears and says close your eyes. She has me smell one thing and then another. They smelled almost exactly the same! One was the wine and the other a bag of dates.

The Forrester I had at AWS was not the Petit Chenin.
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:23 pm

Dan, I bought the Ken Forrester chenin at the Bello Vino Marketplace in Ann Arbor at Mo'Cool time. If you get to the ARB area very often it is a store worth checking out. It is located near maybe 1/2 mile west of exit the plymouth road exit off US 23. I don't recall ever seeing the lable here in Lexington.
Bob Henrick
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:57 pm

"..attention to legs". I had a lecture from Jenise a while back and decided to omit this useless piece of information from now on! Guess it sorta slipped out!!

Dan, have to report no dates!! It is starting a big downhill (from what it was before) stride right now and one glass left!
no avatar
User

Bob Henrick

Rank

Kamado Kommander

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Lexington, Ky.

by Bob Henrick » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:38 pm

Bob, please do not think I was finding a problem with the report on "legs" Heck legs do tell one a bit about the wine, but I am not sure of just what it says so I pay very little attention to them. I think it might have something to do with the amount of glycerin which I suppose could affect the mouthfeel of the wine. FOR SURE, do not take anything I say as being critical Bob, And if Jenise, or anyone else here doesn't agree with your reports,or has a critique then that is exactly what this forum is all about...Your report, anyones report, and if we start to draw back from reporting because of what I or someone else has to say, then the forum will fold up and die. So go ahead and report on a wines legs, it is what you observed, and if it means little to me, then I will pass over that portion of the report and pay attention to the parts I give more credence to.
Bob Henrick
Previous